My name is Álex Barredo. I am a programmer turned analyst, turned podcaster. Currently researching about “onlineness”: why people do what they do & say what they say online.
- Twitter at @somospostpc.
- Mastodon at @Barredo@Mastodon.social
What I do for a living:
- I write a daily newsletter about technology with a podcast to match. Both are pretty neat.
- I’m the tech lead at Cuonda.com, a lovely full-fledged podcasting platform.
- I work with talent and advertising agencies at VoiceUp.es managing sponsorships and marketing campaigns.
- I wrote about technology for La Vanguardia, leading newspaper in Catalonia and Spain. You can read all my articles over three years there.
- I wrote newsletter in English about Apple: https://apple.substack.com. I never formally stopped, but I almost never update it anymore.
- For the next five years, I researched about consumer electronics in Spain and Western Europe as an independent contractor.
- I failed as a founder of two startups.
- I worked at Carat doing marketing for about three years.
- ABC, 2022: “Podcasting influencers isn’t labor of love anymore“.
- El País, 2020: “Making a living off your audience”.
- El Economista, 2019: “A podcast host is just an influencer that works with their voice”.
Press mentions and quotes:
- Live Mint (June 2022, India): “Bots trending?”
- Fox Business (April 2022, United States): “Elon Musk claps back as Saudi prince speaks out on potential Twitter takeover“
- Daily Mail (March 2022, United Kingdom: “Elon Musk offers to eat food grown near NUCLEAR REACTOR (…)“
- PV Magazine (February 2022, United States): “Highway to the inflection point“
- Voice of America (October 2021, China): “想升级微软Windows 11？在中国你可能做不到“
- Maldita (May 2020, Spain): “Las posibles repercusiones de la orden de Trump (…)”
- Inside EVs (December 2019, United States): “Intimidation And Impunity: What Led To Revenge Of EVs In Croatia“
- Business Insider Spain (November 2019, Spain): “Everis, Cadena Ser (…) afectadas por una oleada de ataques informáticos con ransomware“
- Telecom TV (August 2019, United States): “When DSP strategies fail: why Verizon got pocket change for Tumblr“
- Mashable (June 2018, United States: “Elon Musk weighs in on Trump’s immigration policy (…)“
- El Mundo (October 2015, Spain) “La agonía de BlackBerry“
- JPod (2022, in Spanish)
- TarugoConf (2020, in Spanish): “Podcasting as a Business”.
- Etopia (2020, in Spanish): Roundtable about podcasting. – Not available online.
- Etopia (2017, in Spanish): Conference about “The realities behind a daily Newsletter” – Not available online.
- Ignite Madrid (2016, in Spanish): “When Spain Tried to Conquer China”.
- PodcastDetails.com, a website that parses any podcast feed and shows the statistics about the episodes.
- Goals.ninja. A Telegram bot that alerts you when any football team plays, scores, and so on. It even sends you videos of the goals.
- @BigTechAlert (Twitter), a bot that tracks what the key people and accounts of tech companies do Twitter.
- @GobiernoAlerta (Twitter), similar but with politicians in Spain.
- @TiempoEmoji (Twitter), a bot that tweets a map of Spain made in emojis with the current weather every four hours. @MeteoEmoji does the same for Argentina.